The Final Conference of the project “Scenarios and Development trends of the selected information society technologies until 2025”
The Final Conference of the project “Scenarios and Development trends of the selected information society technologies until 2025” which took place on March 14th 2013 in Kraków was the summary of the foresight project implemented by the Progress & Business Foundation (Project Leader) with another Consortium’s Members: the Jagiellonian University and Institute of the Theoretical and Applied Informatics under the Innovative Economy Programme, Subaction 1.1.1 (Contract No. UDA-POIG.01.01.01-00-021/09). During the Conference were presented the most important project’s outcomes: trends and scenarios relevant to the development of Information Society Technologies in Poland, recommendations on priority technologies, research directions and their methods of support for the national and regional policy decision-makers and other stakeholders.
The programme included the following topics:
- The most important methods, outcomes and recommendations resulting from implementation of the project “Scenarios and Development Trends of Selected Information Society Technologies until 2025” project, (Prof. Andrzej M. Skulimowski, Project Manager)
- Economic and social aspects of Information Society Technologies development – the most important results of task no. 3, (Prof. Ewa Okoń-Horodyńska, Member of Project Control Committee)
- Trends and scenarios of visual systems development and their neurocognitive successors until 2025, (Prof. Ryszard Tadeusiewicz, Project’s Key Expert)
- Prospects for the development of quantum computing and molecular - the most important results of Tasks 6, (Prof. Jerzy Klamka, Member of the Steering Committee of the Project),
- Prospects for the development of expert systems for 2025, (Prof. Antoni Ligęza, Project’s Key Expert)
- Panel discussion "Poland towards the development of advanced information technologies in the next two decades"